INTERVIEW TIPS WITH FRESH NETWORK
Fresh Network has come together again to help you guys out! This time we're giving students fresh tips for interviews. Summer is on its way, so lets help you get that summer job so you have P's in your pocket.
The phone interview
These interviews are usually to check if everything on your CV adds up. Be as polite as possible and make sure you have done your research on the company.
The video interview
These types of interview will probably be recorded. They want to see what you look like and have a conversation. Make sure you are memorable... Not BBC Robert Kelly memorable (his kids hilariously ran into his office mid live BBC interview).
The face-to-face interview
When you land a face to face interview, you want to be memorable in all the right ways.
- Don't wear uncomfortable or ill fitting cloths
- Memorise your CV and reflect back to it
- Make sure you too ask questions, it shows interest.
The group interview
In these situations the interviewer is testing team work skills. That doesnt mean you dont need to stand out.
Make sure you have done your research on the company you are applying for. Do this days in advance, this way you can bring up intersting points during the interview. It shows passion.
Dress for the occasion and the weather. nothing is worse that sweating through your shirt or dress. Dress comfortably but make sure it is also mature. Make sure everything is ironed out and fits correctly.
- Can you tell me more about the company?
- What would my day-to-day responsibilities be?
- Do you run any training schemes?
- When can I expect to hear from you?
7. What NOT to do at an interview
- Be late
- Use excessive slang
- Dress inappropriately
- Seem uninterested – Body langue is key! Make sure you are not yawning/falling asleep/slouching. Sit up, smile and get enough rest the night before.
- Focus on the money – only mention the ‘M’ word if the employer asks about salary expectations. It’s always good to keep it professional